Located on the west coast of Florida, Tampa is part of the Tampa Bay Area, including the cities of St. Petersburg, Clearwater and Tampa.
Tampa has about 350,000 inhabitants. Greater Tampa has a population of 2.7 million, the second largest city in Florida and the fourth largest in the south-eastern US, behind Miami, Washington DC and Atlanta.
Three main cities:
TAMPA – ST. PETERSBURG – CLEARWATER MSA
- 18th largest in U.S.
- 3+ million population
- 1.5 million labor force
- Hillsborough – Pinellas – Pasco – Hernando Counties
- Median age: 37
- 24% of population is 18-34 years old
- College degree holders: 31%
- Ethnically diverse and multi-lingual
- Welcomes over 60 million tourist visitors per year, making it a huge consumer market.
- The area has the largest concentration of distribution centers in Florida and is the fastest growing part of the state.